FORMAT AND RULES
1. Play for the 54-hole tournament will be by select shot or captain’s choice method.Golfers will be categorized as “A”, “B”, “C”, or “D” according to handicap.
Play is based on the 4-person team score only.
2. The “A” player on each team is captain and is responsible for his/hers team play, scorecard accuracy and signing of scorecard. All players must sign the
scorecards. All signed and validated scorecards must be turned into a Gulf States Veterans representative. Incorrect score cards will be penalized according to USGA rules.
3. All men will play from the course designated tees. A, B, C and D. Players 60 years old or older will play from the senior tees. Players 80 years and older may play from the designated ladies tees. Ladies will play from the designated ladies tees.
4. After each 18 holes of play, each team player receives the same score representing the team effort. The next day, each player will have three new players to
create a new foursome.This method will continue throughout the 54 holes, with each course being played once. At the end of tournament play, each golfer will have
three separate scores to combine for their individual total.
5. Format of play:
a. Each team will tee from designated areas.
b. Each team member may place ball within one club length of the selected shot, no nearer the hole. If the selected shot is played from a hazard, bunker, rough,
second cut of rough, fairway, or fringe of green the ball must be placed within on club length of the selected shot, no nearer the hole, but the ball remains in the
same type environment, i.e., sand trap, rough, deep rough, etc.
c. When putting, the ball must be placed within six inches of the selected shot no nearer the hole. Teams are cautioned not to make tap-ins until all members
have had the opportunity to make the team’s original putt. Once the ball is holed out, no further strokes are permitted.
6. In the case of inclement weather:
a. If the committee considers for any reason the course is not in playable condition or that there are circumstances which render the proper playing of the game
impossible, it may order a temporary suspension or declare play null and void and cancel all scores for the round in question (rain out). When play has been
temporarily suspended, it shall be resumed from where it was discontinued, even though resumption occurs on subsequent day.
b. Bad weather itself is not a good reason for discontinuing play.
c. A player shall not discontinue play unless, the committee has suspended play or he/she believes there is danger from lightning.
d. In case of rain out, the preceding rounds of golf will be used to compute Tournament standings.
7. In case of ties, player’s scorecard will be compared from golf course “A” (Silver Wings #1). If ties still exist, cards will be compared from golf course
“B” (Silver Wings #2). Should a tie still exist; cards will be compared from golf course “C” (Silver Wings #3).
8. Should a team member fail to show:
a. If the “A” player fails to show, the “B” player will be allowed to hit for the “A” player and himself through eighteen.The tournament handicap
committee will determine the teams handicap factor.
b. If the “B” player fails to show, the “C” player will be allowed to hit for the “B” player and himself through eighteen.
c. If the “C” player fails to show, the “D” player will be allowed to hit for the “C” player and himself through eighteen.
d. If the “D” player fails to show, the “C” player will be allowed to hit for the “D” player and himself through eighteen.
e. If two members are missing, remaining players tee from the appropriate markers and play shots for the missing players and themselves through all eighteen holes.
9. To alleviate scoring differences due to variations in the “A” players handicap, points will be deducted from the score card based on the “A” player’s Index.The tournament handicap committee will determine the teams point deduction factor. The procedure for determining point deduction is .35 times the "A" Players index this number is then subtracted from the team score for that round.
10. All decisions made by the tournament committee shall be final.
11. We reserve the right to deny entry into this tournament.
1. If you are driving onto Ft. Rucker, make sure you have your Drivers License, Ins Card and Registration when entering the gate.
2. Do not be talking on your Cell Phone when entering the gate or while on Ft. Rucker.
3. Obey all speed limit signs and always wear your seat belt.